December 31st, 2011 • Posted by Natalie Rumbaugh • Permalink
1. Massage therapy is a great way to begin the New Year relieving stress and improving ones overall health. It helps one relax the muscles, decrease the heart rate, boost blood circulation, increase the hormones called endorphins which are natural pain relievers, and reduce blood pressure. As a result, one will feel more relaxed, alert, focused, and less stressed.
2. Massage therapy can benefit all ages. Elderly persons in need of palliative care will benefit from this treatment. As well, a massage can help infants relieve a baby with belly gas and or colic. It can help maintain firm muscles and improve blood flow to and from the heart. A massage boosts circulation thereby removing wastes and toxins from the body much faster. Massage therapy can also ease muscle and ligament tension which reduces pain. As well, muscles spasms will be greatly decreased. This therapy also improves deep breathing which can help one manage stress and help people manage breathing conditions such as asthma.
3. One can choose from a number of different types of massages such as: a Deep Tissue Massage will soothe deep sore muscles and tissues, a Swedish Massage increases the flow of energy through the body, and a Hot Stone Massage relaxes the muscles so that more pressure can be applied to the area. Massage therapy has a therapeutic affect and improves one's circulatory, immune, muscular, and nervous systems. And an Aromatherapy Massage will help to improve one’s emotional and mental well-being.
4. Massage therapy has become a popular form of treatment for not only athletes, but for people from all walks of life. Such lifestyle stresses as increased work hours, more physical activities, and more financial stresses, have resulted in many people seeking therapeutic massage treatments. A qualified and Licensed Massage Therapist can identify the problem area and provide much needed relief, whether it is stress relief or relief from a physical injury. Relief from stress can even help ones physical health. For instance, high levels of stress increases the risk of heart disease. This kind of therapy is a healthy way to reduce mental stress, tension-related headaches, anxiety, and promotes one’s ability to achieve calm thinking, a relaxed state of mental alertness, and enhances an overall sense of positive well-being.
5. If your previous year was full of stress and anxiety, starting the New Year with relaxing massage therapy may just be what you need to prepare and cope with any new stresses that come your way in the New Year. Massage therapy is an effective therapeutic treatment for restoring one's spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental well-being.